Here are some (potentially) interesting topics you can find here:
- Old and Small Technology and benefits to us today
- NNCP, which is an Asynchronous, Encrypted, onion-routed, offline-capable way to send data and execute remote commands.
- Yggdrasil, a network using IPv6 space where IPs are linked to public keys
- How this site is built (hint: it’s exported from Emacs!)
- Amateur Radio
- ZFS on Linux
- Long-Distance Train Travel in the USA
Some longer articles related to many of the topics discussed here:
- How the Attention Economy Hurts You Via Social Media Sites Like Facebook
- How to Join the Fediverse and Cast Off the Attention Economy
- Recovering Our Lost Free Will Online: Tools and Techniques That Are Available Now
- Tools for Communicating Offline and in Difficult Circumstances
- The Joy of Easy Personal Radio: FRS, GMRS, and Motorola DLR/DTR
- The PC & Internet Revolution in Rural America
- Dead USB Drives Are Fine: Building a Reliable Sneakernet
Links to this note
Complete.Org is a personal project managed since 1994 by John Goerzen.
I am a programmer, manager, hobbyist, advocate, volunteer, dad, and nature lover. I live out on an old farmstead in rural Kansas that once belonged to my grandparents. The nearest paved road is about 3 miles away, and the nearest town (population 600) is 7 miles away. I have three incredible children, which I might occasionally mention on my blog.